Friday, February 22, 2008

How do I get in these situations? Santa Marta Edition



This post is not very amusing. Two of the three girls I met in Cartagena were "massuses." I was unaware of this but it is very common here for women to dabble, and I use the word lightly, in prostitution. Many of the girls in Cartagena see a gringo and want to give you a "massage." Its sad because you see a lot of young girls with older gross men. I didnt notice this much in my other travels because I stayed away from places with money, in Colombia there is more money and therefore there is more of these seedy practices.... which brings me to my apartment situation. So, as I said before, I have this amazing apt at my disposal. The one girl that I rode with to Santa Marta (very touristy), is kinda like a madam to the other girls. She has apartments with her french husband (he is in his 40`s, her in her 20´s). My apt is owned by this Italian guy who is never there so they told em to stay there as long as I want. When I found out about their "business" I didn´t know how to feel, nor do I now, but like many things here, it is not for me to judge, the culture and peoples situations are very different than in the US. This situation is sad but its reality here. I have been diving daily with this great guy from Brazil. We are throwing a party in my honor (because I am so super) on sat at the apt. I even got a DJ from Philly to agree to dj for me, he has all his stuff here. It should be a great time, I don´t know how I get into these situations but this is where I am now. I will update you all again soon. Peace

No comments: