Thursday, February 14, 2008

Goodbye mass emails.. hello blog?

I told myself I would never have a blog, here I am.
This is hard for me because I have bashed bloggers and blogging for years on account that the verb "blog" and any variation thereof sounds just redonkulous (much like the word redonkulous, which I have coined) Let me at least defend myself to say that the impetus for this blog is not to feed my already healthy ego, but to reduce the # of mass emails I send out when I travel. So I may very well be a hypocritical, egotistical sack o' hot nickels who has also talked shit and then joined (and consequently tried to get rid of) facebook, but I am just looking out for my friends' inboxes. If you want to peruse my rantings and follow my trips, this is the place to do it. I've been telling myself I wanted to write more for years, needless to say it hasn't worked out so hot. I doubt this is the solution but maybe I will stick with it.

The reason I am doing this now is that I just bought a ticket to Colombia. I leave tomorrow. I was going to send out a mass email, figured this is more fair. Wish me luck, maybe I will update this thing again.

Peace,
James ( i dont know if "bloggers" sign off at all or like this, but I do, cope.)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Dork!!! Have a safe trip,leb.

stw said...

James...I am so glad to hear from you...but I will have to upgrade and double my prayers for you now that you are traveling again. Be safe in Colombia...stw