Wednesday, March 19, 2008

chicken bus add-ons



this picture was from a chicken bus so packed that the money collector had to climb along the outside of the bus while moving to collect fares from the window. It was exhilarating.

Ok, these emails are rough to read. I am going to promise once I start writing current blogs, I will make an effort to make them palatable because it pains me to read these old emails. Anyway, here is another.

Hello everyone, i hope the mass emailing isn´t annoying, if they are please let me know and i will not bother you with them again. Ok so far as my trip, things are amazing as is becoming the usual(moving back to the states is going to be hard, i am lucky i have some good reasons to do it because without some people back home, i could see myself here for awhile. I do have a couple of additions to add to my previous emails, mainly some missed requisites for being a chicken bus and a picture of a bathroom overhead light being powered by the shower heads i so fondly spoke of. that will be on my website.

The 2 main things i think i forgot on my chicken bus email were these... 1. the stickers on the mirror must be of some old American cartoon like captain caveman or woody woodpecker and 2, there must be music BLASTING through the bus (if it has working speakers). ok and i want to reiterate that what you think is crowded is damn near empty, i haven't been able to get an exact headcount yet, but on a bus i was on today back from this amazing lake called lake Atitlan (surrounded by mountains and 3 large volcanos) there were at least 7 adults per row and aisle and that is not including children.. i know it sounds impossible, but i managed to get enough room to take a picture when about 15 people got off the bus and i will put that on the website too... hope you are all doing well, james

No comments: